THE TOURIST ROUTES
The province of Fermo is located in the centre of the Marche region. It offers a wide variety of tourist itineraries that allow you to discover the beauty of the territory, including nature, art and culture. Here are some suggestions:
1. Fermo and its historic centre: the city has a rich history dating back to Roman times and preserves numerous testimonies of its past, such as the Romanesque-Gothic cathedral and the Palazzo dei Priori, a beautiful Gothic building. But Fermo's history is thousands of years old and traces of its past can be seen throughout the historic centre, which is well worth a visit.
2. Torre di Palme: a medieval village located on the top of a hill, with a beautiful panorama of the Adriatic Sea. Torre di Palme stands out for the preservation of its environment and the stylistic uniformity of its medieval and Renaissance buildings, elements that make it, despite its small size, one of the most interesting historical centres in the region.
3. Abbadia di Fiastra Nature Reserve: a vast natural area that includes an oak forest, an artificial lake and a 12th-century Benedictine abbey. Here you can enjoy walking, cycling and outdoor activities.
4. Sirolo and the Conero Riviera beaches: the Conero Riviera offers some of the most beautiful beaches on the Adriatic. Sirolo, a charming medieval village, is a great starting point for exploring the coast.
5. Macerata and the Sferisterio: Macerata is a Renaissance city known for its open-air theatre, the Sferisterio, which hosts an opera festival every summer, a must for opera lovers. Click here to discover the calendar.
6. Porto San Giorgio and its beaches: a wide beach of golden sand, ideal for families with children and sea lovers.
7. Monti Sibillini National Park: a natural wonder located between the Marche and Umbria regions. Here, the beauty of wild, unspoilt nature is palpable in every corner, and offers a variety of breathtaking landscapes. The imposing peaks of the Sibillini Mountains, rising up to 2,476 metres, rise majestically above the valleys below and offer extraordinary views. Among the most famous peaks are Monte Vettore, Pizzo Berro, Monte Bove and Monte Sibilla.
8. The countless villages: there are numerous villages perched on the hills in the province of Fermo that tell a unique story. The views and panoramas will leave you breathless!
9. The shopping itineraries: if you say 'Marche' you say 'footwear'. Some of the most famous footwear brands in our country originate in the province of Fermo: Tod's, Hogan, Fay, Guardiani, NeroGiardini, Loriblu, Malloni, Paciotti, Fratelli Rossetti, Bikkemberg. Shopping enthusiasts cannot miss a bargain-hunting tour of the most famous inland outlets.